What are EUR1 certificates?

An EUR1, also known as a ‘movement certificate’, enables importers in certain countries to import goods at a reduced or nil rate of import duty under trade agreements between the EU and beneficiary countries.

Chamber International is authorised to issue EUR1 certificates on behalf of H.M Revenue & Customs and we are here to help you. No matter where you are in the UK we have a dedicated service that can walk you through the EUR1 process, to take away the confusion so you can get on with what matters to you.

Much of what you need to know is wrapped up in H.M Revenue & Customs information booklets and busy exporters don't always have time to read this detail. If it's the same for you, contact our EUR1 specialist Hayley Bates for help.

How to apply for an EUR1

  1. You will need the Harmonised System (HS) code for your products. This is a system of product coding and classification used by customs authorities around the world and is also known as a ‘Tariff Number’. You can search for your HS code using the EU’s ‘Applied Tariffs Database’ by entering your goods description in the 'Full Text Search' box.
  2. Use your HS code to check the rules of origin that apply to your products in H.M Revenue & Customs Public Notices 828, 832 (for exports to Mexico only) or 830 (for Generalised System of Preference ‘GSP’ countries). 
  3. Telephone Chamber International on 0845 034 7200 to order the forms. Orders received before 4pm Monday to Friday are despatched the same day by first class post. (We accept debit and credit cards).

How do I complete an EUR1?

Please refer to Customs Notice 827, Section 11.

How much does it cost to issue an EUR1?

The issue fee is £47.88 including VAT. You can pay by debit/credit card or cheque payable to Chamber International.

What other documents do I need to send with my application?

We will need a copy of your export invoice, payment of the issue fee and an SAE if you require your document returning by post.

Where do I send my EUR1 application?

Post your application to: Chamber International, Devere House, Vicar Lane, Little Germany, Bradford BD1 5AH, West Yorkshire.

How long will it take to get my EUR1?

Correctly completed applications received by post are issued and posted back to applicants the same day.

Can I apply for an EUR1 after shipment?

Yes. You can apply for a retrospective EUR1, please refer to Customs Notice 827, Section 3.11 for further details.

What if I lose my EUR1?

You can apply for a duplicate EUR1 which must be exactly the same as the original. Please refer to Customs Notice 827, Section 3.10 for further information.

Who should I speak to for advice?

If you have not used the service before contact our new account handler: Fiorella Duran-Robinson on 0845 034 7200 or email.

For help with finding HS codes for your products or using the Public Notices telephone Hayley Bates on 0845 034 7200 or email.

The preference system only applies to countries where certain trade agreements exist with the EU.  These countries are listed below:

 African,     Caribbean &   Pacific(ACP)   states*





 Cariforum   states**

 Ceuta &   Melilla



 Cote   D’ivoire

 Costa Rica



 El   Salvador

 Faroe  Islands
















 Overseas   Countries &   Territories   (OCT) 




 South   Africa 






 West Bank   & Gaza   Strip





*certain commodities 

Making your life easier

Apply NOW from anywhere in the UK

Need help with your EUR1? Contact one of our specialists on 0845 034 7200 or email for expert advice